Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mr Taxi taxi taxi 지금 즉시 즉시 즉시

I've just made it in the top 2000 on Memrise. I'm actually very proud. I can't remember how low I started, but I never thought I would keep going at it for long enough. I know that a top 2000 is not really a thing, but still.

I don't know if I would have kept on studying Korean without Memrise. It's really great for people like me who study on their own, especially when none of my close friends would be able to test my vocabulary as they don't read Hangeul.

At first I started learning one too many things on Memrise, like chemistry. I get very excited about learning new things. I realised that if I wanted to focus on Korean, I couldn't spend time watering all types of different flowers (how strange this sentence must sound to people not yet converted to Memrise). Now I am just focusing on Korean and Spanish. Spanish is relaxing. I can learn a lot more words because they sound so close to my native language (French).

I am now studying 3 different Korean sets I have created. It's a great way to go through my notes and enter either vocabulary or full sentences in there. I love organising anything I do, but I try to constrain to those four sets, otherwise soon there would be a 'vocabulary learnt from kpop songs'.

Anyway, I digress. Now I have to go back to studying if I want to be in the top 1000 one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment